View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do you like about spring?
I love the longer daylight hours and the emergence of color. I find our winter so dreary with lots of rain, mud and brown.

What is spring like in your area?
Dahlias are one of the first to bloom. We have beautiful cherry blossom trees here too. Temps start to go up into the 60's, so warm enough for a jacket/sweater but not a heavy coat. We do get a lot of rain but it's good for the greenery and when the rain stops everyone is happy to get outdoors and enjoy it.

Do you have any parks or botanical gardens nearby?
I live close to quite a few small parks for hiking and there is a park nearby along the waterfront which is very popular. We also have lots of paths along the river and dikes in the area. There are a few botanical gardens within an hours drive that I love to visit a few times a year. I've just been thinking about going to the indoor conservatory at one of the gardens, haven't been there in a few years. They have tons of tropical plants and birds, its a fun trip.

Do you have a favorite flower? I love sunflowers.

Do you have a garden?
We have a large garden in our backyard with bushes/trees and perennials. I gave up on planting annuals back there, it was too much work.
This is where I often sit and photograph the birds/squirrels. It's so peaceful.