Thread: iMac Users?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Few years back, I bought laptop thinking that I can sit down with family, watch TV with them and scrap at the same time. That never happened. I need concentration and 'alone' time to scrap! LOL So, laptop wasn't for me for scrapping purpose. For any other needs, there are smart phones and tablets.

So, when my desktop and laptop both decided to crash on me at the same time (laptop still works, but just couldn't take PS.. it would crash anytime I run photoshop), I decided to go for iMac. When we went to the store, I was prepared to get 21", but then, DH insisted getting me 27", since it would be my last computer purchase for quite a while!

I think mine had 4GB memory with 1TB hard drive. About a year later, I upgraded memory to 16GB! Jen, it's super easy to add the memory on your own! Takes less than 5 minutes to do it! Now, it's running super fast! I love it! I have PS, Aperture, Adobe Bridge, browser, iTunes open all the time and it never slows down. Just like Julie's screenshots, you can have 2-3 windows open at the same time! Sometimes, I would run video tutorial on Lynda.com and try it out on PS at the same time!

I don't know what kind of drive it has either!