Thread: iMac Users?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I bought my first computer in 2007, an iMac 24". Love, love iMacs. I ran the tiger program until this year, had to update.

Couple things I didn't know.

1. Have to upgrade each time they create a new program. I thought it was done automatically. DOH! {costs small change money wise} My stupidity caused my computers game card to get messed up because it wasn't compatible with the new stuff. Cost me $200 to get fixed.

2. iMacs occasionally need to be taken to apple to be fixed, I was one of those

3. iMacs can't be repaired by apple when they are considered old, by law I was told. {pc's are the same I hear} Mine will not be able to be repaired in a couple years and won't handle anymore updates. Right now I just updated to Snow Leopard, my next update will be one of the Lion programs and will be my last. In order to update to lion I have to increase my memory slightly to handle it. {I thought this would be the only computer I'd buy being in my 50's, so I see a new iMac in a few years. At least there cheaper than my first one was}

4. Make sure you get a 1TB at least if you take alot of photos.

5. Make sure you have 1-3 EHD for back up. 1 can fail and I was told its better to have 2-3 because electronics don't last forever.

Would I buy another iMac? YES! Best computer around and mine lasted 6 years before I needed any repairs.