Thread: I hate cooking
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 02:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
I tried the Instant Pot Chili that Kim posted - yum, and super easy!

Here's a version of Sesame Chicken that's pretty quick and very good: https://sweetsavoryandsteph.com/ligh...SmJLkSB3V7aEJg
This sounds really yummy, Lori! Thanks for the recipe!

QUOTE=aussiegirl;1063080716]I don't like (nor am I good at) cooking, but thankfully my husband likes to cook and is good at it! He usually makes dinner 2-3 times a week. We have take out or eat our maybe 1-2 times a week.

We do have meals that are more constant- tacos, spaghetti, soup and grilled cheese or panini sandwiches, goulash or chili, pancakes/waffles/ breakfast casserole, hot dogs with mac and cheese or french fries, suddenly salad or pasta. As far as other foods or meals, we usually go off from what is on sale at the store. We like Voila meals (quick and easy), we buy frozen dinners (everyone picks out their favs), pot pies once in a while ( a mix between chicken and beef), meat dishes we go off what is on sale and then come up with either a favorite recipe or find something new. WE have been trying to clean out our big freezer, so we've been having a lot of different dishes based on what is in there. We will do burritos, chicken kiev or cordon blue, appetizer meal (we buy chicken strips, potato skins, mozarella sticks, jalepeno poppers, etc), based on what is on sale at the store.

My style of cooking is heating up something "premade" from the store. His style of cooking is making ribs or pulled pork or something that takes more time and energy. His cooking is usually from scratch, where mine is a frozen or easy to put together dish.

I have a family with half and half picky eaters. We plan a dish, and if one of them doesn't like it, they can make themselves something (quesadilla, sandwhich etc). I do not plan all my meals to make everyone happy. To me, the more variety the better, then I don't feel like I am in a rut. We may try one new recipe every couple weeks, and then just go through our regular or favorite dishes.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

How nice that you hubby cooks, Dawn! Mine is a master at cooking breakfast...that's about it! lol