View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 01:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
I either start with a new 12x12 document, or a template.

I almost always start with my photos, weeding out the ones I want before hand and then opening each of them in PS (right click, open in PS). I drag each one on to the new document or template, place them how I want.

Next, I usually work on my papers. I open a few papers that I think I would like in PS (right click, open in PS) and then drag them from tabs onto my document (shift+drag) and clip as needed. This process can take a while as I fidget with the papers to get them just right.

Generally I work on foliage next followed by flowers and other elements. I have it set up so that .pngs open directly into PS, so I just go into the folder and double click all the elements I think I might want to use. They open in tabs in PS and then I drag them onto my canvas where I want them to go. I shadow as I go with premade shadows and adjust later as needed.

Lastly is string and ribbons and buttons and extras. When I do word art and titles depends on the page.

Does any of this make sense?!

I've been working on making process videos because I find it so fascinating that each of our processes is as unique as our scrap style.

I'd loooooooove to see you work Sheri.
I learned something new today! I didn't know you could drag from a tab onto another tab (I knew you could it if they were stacked or titled, but not tabbed). I just did it without holding the shift and just dragging it onto the tab and waiting a second for PS to recognize I'm hovering on a new tab. Thanks for the tip!

I agree, it's super interesting to see how everyone does things! ... and thank you for the sweet compliment!