Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 08:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lori, it sounds like you've got a bit of a stressful summer ahead. No matter how much we love them, having someone move back home for a period of time throws things off. And house renovations are a wild thing to live through! I'll be praying it all works out and that you're able to focus some on self-care during that time.

We're kicking off our summer with a surgery. I'm having endoscopic sinus surgery #5 tomorrow. Recovery should be 7-10 days, I think. I'm just ready to have it DONE - I've had what they think is one continuous sinus infection since October.

Thankfully they were able to get me scheduled fast enough that I'll be fully recovered before we take our big road trip. Our close friends that we vacation with regularly are spending their summers in Maine (and the rest of the year in Phoenix) and they encouraged us to come stay with them for a bit. It's one of the few states I've never visited, and I'm dying to photograph some lighthouses! So we're doing a road trip from Dallas to Maine at the end of June - three days to get there - and then spend the first week of July with them, including July 4th. I love how they celebrate Independence Day in the northeast, so I'm super excited about that. And then we're going to try to do the drive home in just 2 days. It'll cause me a fibro flare, but I'll sleep for a couple days when we get back anyway. Worth it!

Then I have my annual Chick Trek girls' crafting retreat in late July. At some point, I need to go to Missouri to visit my brother and his family - I haven't seen them since before the pandemic! And I'll probably do a couple trips to San Antonio to visit my parents and work with them on several Santa projects.

So much coming up, so I just want tomorrow's surgery over and done with so I can get back on my feet!