View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default February 2010: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Chicklets!!

You made it through month one and more people participated in, and earned points & discounts in the shoppe last month than ever! Thanks so much for putting your hearts into creating beautiful pages and being part of our new challenge format! We have a whole new set of tasks for you this month and can't wait for you to get started...

For ease of reference, we've created a printable checklist of this month's portfolio. Click the link below to download and print!

As always, you MUST use primarily Sweet Shoppe products to complete your challenge layouts.

February 2010: Sweet Shoppe Scrapper's Portfolio

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

1 - Lift a layout by Leslie Coltrain, our Treat of the Month for February, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

2 - Create a layout featuring your favorite quote from a Love Song.

3 - Check out this super fun site and use it as inspiration to scrap your own collection.

4 - February 7-13 is National Jello-O week! Use their slogan "There's Always Room For..." to create a page of your own.

5 - Super Bowl Sunday is February 7th! How do you get into the game or do you not get the hype? Love it or Hate it... create a page dedicated to one of the biggest sporting events of the year.

6 - This month our little friend the groundhog comes out of his hole like he has done year after year to tell us if Spring is on the way. Inspired by the little guy and the movie Groundhog Day - scrap a layout about an event that you would love to repeat over and over again or one you would never want to repeat.

7 - A brilliant website can be the perfect inspiration for composing a page. Check out hto.ca and create a page based on their fantastic design!

8 - Scrap your favorite cold weather meal.

9 - February looks like... Take a photo looking out your front door or a window, standing on your driveway or front porch or even what your kids are wearing to school and scrap it! You'll see this challenge again and again throughout 2010, so choose a spot or subject which will illustrate the passage of time or seasons changing in an easy to capture photo.

10 - Coloriffic! Use the gorgeous site decor8 as inspiration to create a layout based on the colors in one of their stunning photos! Don't forget to link us up to the photo that inspired the color scheme of your page too.

11 - Reality TV has tons of fans! What reality show would you love to be a part of? Why?

12 - With all the lovey, gushy, squishiness going on around us this month, it's the perfect time to record those sometimes embarrassing, but always endearing pet names. What pet names do you have for your spouse or loved one? What do they call you? Scrap it!

13 - ADORE - Scrap It!

14 - Honey I Shrunk The Template... using a template, miniaturize the design elements for a whole new look. Our very own SugarBabe Crystal is a master at this technique and it's a fun way to make your template stash last.

15 - Levi Strauss was born on February 26 - create a page inspired by those dreamy denims!

16 - Use a Valentine themed kit to scrap a non-themed layout.

17 - It's All Right There In Black and White - create a page documenting an important moment in your life using black, white and grey only.

18 - Create a digital valentine for someone in our community to let them know you care.

19 - From fun colors & flirty design elements to the sassy music & overall youthful vibe, Checklist's look book is sure to get you thinking about ways to incorporate some of their fresh style into a page of your own.

20 - February is Bake For Family Month so get out those yummy recipes and make an event out of baking up some sweet treats together and then scrap it!

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

21 - Sweet Shoppe Designs is Celebrating our 4th Birthday! Create a layout that features 4 of everything - 4 papers, 4 photos, 4 buttons, etc. Anything you put on your page MUST be multiplied x4 with the exception of your title.

22 - Use the thought provoking inspiration at Baby Love Letters to choose a topic and create a layout which includes a letter to your child, a loved one or even yourself. (let us know which love letter prompt you were inspired by in your portfolio point tracker post too)

23 - Laura Ingalls Wilder was born on February 7th! People often say they'd like to live in a simpler time. Is that the case for you? If you could pick, what time period would you choose to live in?

24 - Library lovers month is here so create a book related page that reflects on your favorite books or characters. You could do a Top 10 page, a page about the character in a book you would love to be or more - get creative!

25 - The newest issue of Simply Sweet hits the shoppe later this month! Create a page inspired by something in one of our past issues. Be sure to note the issue and layout or prompt that inspired you too.

26 - A Talent For Type - there is some exceptional typography going on at Elysium Burns with their varied sizes and mix of serif and sanserif fonts throughout the copy on their site. Check it out and use their clean yet eye-catching type "style" as inspiration for the journaling or titles on a page of your own.

27 - LOST returns for it's final season this month and fans of the show know that 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, & 42 have special significance to the story. Your challenge is to create a layout using these numbers as the quantities of each design element you put on your page. ie. 4 papers, 8 photos, 16 ribbons, 42 words of journaling, etc. Special thanks to reader Debbie for her suggestion!

28 - Random Acts of Kindness Week is February 15-21 - create a page about a RAK you've received or go out there and do something nice for someone soon and scrap it!

29 - A Love Story - take the time to scrap a page that documents your love story. From the first time to you met to the big day and beyond, get that timeline and sweet story down before you forget the gooey details.

30 - Digiscrap Rewind: Recreate a layout you've done in the past to make it bigger and better than ever. Add that journaling you skimped on before, update the style and design vibe or share what you were REALLY thinking at the time to make it more personal, sentimental and significant to those who will reflect back on the memory in the future. (share the original layout and the updated version in your portfolio point tracker post to earn both points)

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible

31 - Winter Olympic Trio - pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

31a - Create a page using the slogan from the 2010 Winter Games "With Glowing Hearts"
31b - Use the Vancouver 2010 website to create a page using their amazing color scheme.
31c - Vancouver will see 17 days of fierce competion - create a layout about something that brings out your competitive side.
31d - What Winter Olympic event does your family look forward to and enjoy the most?
31e - Scrap a page featuring the gold, silver and bronze moments in your life.

32 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

32a - My favorite color is...
32b - 10 moments I'll never forget...
32c - I'm afraid of...
32d - Things that make me cry...
32e - I can't live without...

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible

33 - 10 Things Album / Project - This month we want you to create a 10 Things mini-album or project. You can choose any topic you like - 10 things I Love About You, 10 Things I Love About My Hometown, 10 Things I Love About Dessert - the sky is the limit! Use the following projects for inspiration. (10 Pages in a Tangible Album Required - don't skip this challenge because you're afraid of hybrid - you can do it!)

10 Favorite Summer Photos by Andrea Gourley
10 Things I Love About Italy by Dawn McVey
10 Things I Love About You by Robin & Manda
Number Book by Charles Witczak

Flex Tip #1 - Be Creative! If the challenge is asking for a TOP 10 of your favorite TV shows, feel free to scrap your husband's or child's favorite shows instead! If it's asking a question, feel free to ask the question of a loved one and scrap a page for them instead. The only time this wouldn't apply is to your Book of Me album which should be a stunning tribute to YOU!

DON'T FORGET! As you complete layouts for our challenges, you'll be tracking them yourself in one post that you'll update throughout the month. For February, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on March 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker thread from January to see how it's done!

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to your tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbered list above and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

Sending all our LOVE to you,

Robin