View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Glad to know about Life After Life. It's been on my TBR list for a while. Thinking I should move it down further. LOL

Lyd, I actually read one last week that I got from Kindle First that I really liked. It was just a light, easy read that didn't involve a lot of thinking. It was called Wreckage. I actually really liked it a lot and kept avoiding real life to get back to it. LOL

I also read The Right Society last week, and sadly, I did NOT like it as much. I was hopeful because the idea behind the story was intriguing, but the writing felt very... amateurish. The characters were flat, and the whole thing just felt forced.

I'm actually between books right now because I am first in line for 2 different ebooks from the library. I am usually a slow reader, so I didn't want to be in the middle of something when one of those came through. I'm getting antsy, so if they don't come through soon, I may have to choose something quick to get me through.

These are the 2 I've got on hold -

The Martian by Andy Weir

The Street Lawyer by John Grisham (I love a good Grisham novel every once in a while)

If those don't come through soon, I might start Ready Player One. It doesn't sound like something I'd choose for myself, but I've heard SO many positive reviews about it.