View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Do you own any pets? Yup, 2 senior kitties and 2 senior green cheek conures (like little parrots).

2. Do you watch animal videos, tv shows, etc? I really don't watch much tv but my daughter watches all kinds of National Geographic shows, funny animal clips, etc etc.... and she always brings them to me so I can also see what she thought interesting.

3. What animal fascinates you the most? Oh gosh, I love all kinds of animals for different reasons but I would say I get the most joy from watching sting rays! Whenever we go to aquariums I just love to watch them glide through the water. They're so soft to the touch and sloppy little piggies when you feed them! My BFF and I sometimes send each other random baby sting ray pictures b/c it looks like they're smiling. It makes us laugh. Isn't it adorable?!

This summer while at Jamestown Beach we actually saw one in it's natural environment just swimming away at the beach. At first I thought it was a shark! But it was just the tips of his "wings" as he was flapping around in the water. I sat there watching him, just mesmerized by it.

4. When was the last time you went to the zoo? In June we went to the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk. We've been to dozens of zoos around the country though. They're mostly all the same with a few exceptions - in my opinion.

5. Have you ever taken care of an injured animal? Many many times. I worked at a pet store for 5 years and had our share of injured animals or sickly/wounded animal drop offs by people who didn't want to take care of them anymore. My roommate in college worked at the wildlife sanctuary and over the long holidays like Thanksgiving she would bring home the critical needs animals so she could watch over them. One Thanksgiving she had a nest of baby squirrels. We rotated through the night feeding those babies with eye droppers and massaging them so they would urinate. Like Kellie said, quite literally lives in our hands! But the most stressful for me was learning how to care for my kitty who became diabetic. Not wounded so to speak but a gigantic, expensive, life changing diagnosis. I have a new understanding and empathy for people who live with diabetes, especially children!

6. Are there any animals that freak you out? I don't really like snakes but I had to handle them in the pet store. I can deal with the babies but the big ones, no thank you! I really don't like Madagascar hissing coach roaches or giant millipedes but some people actually WANT those as pets! Barf.