View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today, I am grateful for my ancestors, because, well first off, I wouldn't be here without them and second because they helped build this country that I am proud to call home.

On my mom's side I am a Mayflower descendent and my dad's side of the family settled Henrico, County Virginia in 1602. They went on to settle other parts of Virginia/West Virgina as well, such as Jackson, Ritchie and Calhoun counties to name a few and have made those areas their home ever since. It's great for researching genealogy, so thanks for not moving around much family!

Both sides of my family were there for all the battles that were fought to make this country what it is today. We fought and died in the Revolutionary war, were at Valley Forge with Washington, and we had brother fighting brother in the Civil War. My Nutter branch operated stops on the Underground Railroad and were almost wiped out standing up for what they believed in.

I had relatives in fight in every war in American history and many branches of our family tree ended on battle fields with the deaths of grandfathers, uncles, cousins, etc. In WWII my great grandparents, Robert and Sarah, lost Bud, Bob, Virgil and Keith in battle over a three year period. Yet even after that, when their youngest son was old enough to serve he enlisted and continued the fight.

My family heroes have played a major role in defending this country, our ideals and way of life, so today, on Veteran's Day, I am thankful for their courage and their contributions in blood, sweat and tears.

My heartfelt thanks go out to all the current American service people and to all the veterans throughout all the years that have kept me and mine safe, happy and free. Bless each and every one of them.