View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
I don't find that I go through it that fast (Epson R340 user here). I think I have it work out to needing new ink every 6-8 months or so (I seem to go through yellow and the 2 magentas a lot faster than my black, or either blue cart but it's actually cheaper for me to buy the whole combo pack for some reason.)
I don't create entire folded cards though. All my cards are created as fonts only, and adhered to a card blank (be it from cardstock, or from a package of card blanks I purchase at the craft store).
If I'm creating multiple mats, I delete the center of the mat that will not be seen.

I've never created a hybrid project using anything printed outside of my home.

ETA: It costs me about $60 every 6-8 months for ink. I stocked up on paper during one of Epson's big sales online, so I haven't bought paper in almost 2 years. I use their Premium Presentation Matte Paper (the 4 star).
Wow, 6-8 months is impressive given how much hybrid stuff you do!

I have the Epson RX595 and that thing eats ink like nobody's business. I swear if you even just mention the word "print" it will run out of ink. The print quality is gorgeous but this was my first Epson printer and I don't know if I would ever buy one again because of the whole ink situation.

And worse if ANY of the cartridges is out, it pretty much locks up and won't let you print anything. At least with my old HP printers I could still print faded versions of things when the ink was low.

I just bought some high-capacity ink cartridges for it so I'm hoping that will at least help. I really want to use it for my December Daily album but I don't want to go broke trying to feed it's never ending need for ink.