View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:49 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so much everyone for the well wishes and the virtual hugs.

Especially Cassie - what you say rings so true with all of the feelings I'm having. I never ever expected i would cry THIS much, i just can't stop, and he hasn't even passed yet. My son is coming home from the Navy on the weekend to say good bye so we will be getting him put down on Saturday. Originally i thought this was the cruellest thing ever, what if he has more time in him and we're cutting it short??? but now after the last few days i feel the opposite, waiting until Saturday seems like the cruellest thing with him being so sick, his quality of life is just zero right now and he doesn't even want to be with us he keeps wandering outside to lay on the verandah, i feel like if he wasn't a pet and any other animal he would just go off alone in the wilderness to die. I'm so sure he knows how sick he is, we are medicating him to help but i just wish i could do more.

Another thing Cassie mentioned - everyone is making me feel selfish for wanting another pet soon (not here, i mean IRL), I don't want to replace Cody, it's just that we're a family with a dog, I feel like we have so much love to give, we have really relied on Cody to be each and every person in this house's private confidant - what do we do without that...??

Sorry i'm rambling, I am soooo not good with all this emotional stuff

anyway what i just wanted to say was thank you, i have read each and every one of your comments and they all mean so much