View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 02:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapNanna View Post
Im over whelmed with getting back into this. My photos are no longer organized like they used to be and my old scrapbook stash is all over the place. Should I just get rid of all my old kits and just start new? How would you do it if you were just getting back started after being gone so long?
Don't get caught up in organizing and overwhelm yourself even more causing you to stop scrappin. Just start by picking some photos for a layout and buying a new kit. Make sure to unzip and organize the new purchases right away and scrap with them. It's always more fun to scrap with new stuff.

Then after you'd had some fun scrappin. Take some time to organize some of your most recent photos or kits. Set the timer for 15 minutes and call it good when it goes off. If you feel like going for another 15 minutes, do it.

Working backwards on organizing your photos and kits helps because you remember the most about those and once you get into a groove it's easier to keep going. But don't overdo it. Remember to take baby steps each day. Doing just 15 minutes at a time makes it manageable and won't burn you out on the no-fun organizing part.

I like to organize my photos in monthly folders inside a yearly folder. I organize my supplies by designer so each designer has a folder, and have another folder for all my templates. I don't tag supplies because I'm mostly a one kit/designer scrapper and know my stash well enough to find what I need. Your organization system will need to fit how you scrap. There's no wrong answer, just do what works best for you.

As far as your old stash of kits, don't delete yet. Give yourself time to get back into scrappin more to know what you want to keep and what you don't. I'd set the timer and go through a little at a time. Keeping stuff that you still love and moving or deleting stuff you don't. The beauty of digi scrappin is that your organizational mess is hidden on a hard drive, not out on the dining room table for everyone to see. Give yourself grace and enjoy being back in the hobby.

HTH