View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 12:55 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Since I am an essential worker, I have been going into the office on most days and only working from home if I don't feel well. We have to go through an entire page of health questions and if the answer to any of them is yes, we are asked to stay home and work. Some times I just ask myself if I feel like working in my pjs that day. If the answer is yes, I stay home. LOL

My entire family is made up of essential workers, so I think we are feeling the strain less than a lot of other families, but we are still feeling it. They are my family and my social circle, so not being able to see each other as often has been hard. In the beginning we went months without seeing each other, now we do socialize a bit, and just a tiny bit at that, and we do quarantine from each other when one of us knows we have been exposed. Not seeing my son every week makes my heart hurt. We talk often, but it is not the same as our bi-weekly movie and dinner date.

I've always been an introvert, so again, this has not been as hard on me as it has been on more social people, but even I am getting fed up with not being able to go any where and only leaving the house for work. The other day I went to a store for the first time in almost a year and found it very depressing. Most of the shelves were empty. That scared me so much, I probably won't be going back for a while.