View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I find going for a walk helps clear the head... chocolate helps me feel better too (briefly)! Otherwise, scrapping works, except I can't just go do some scrapping whenever I feel like it - too many 'obstacles' (kids, work, etc) in the way most of the time. So yeah, I revert to the short term fix of chocolate! Or go to bed early because once I'm asleep I can forget everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I find going for a walk helps clear the head... chocolate helps me feel better too (briefly)! Otherwise, scrapping works, except I can't just go do some scrapping whenever I feel like it - too many 'obstacles' (kids, work, etc) in the way most of the time. So yeah, I revert to the short term fix of chocolate! Or go to bed early because once I'm asleep I can forget everything!
Thank you, Kim
Going for a walk is such a great idea...and I have such a hard time doing it. It's like the last thing I think of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Ugh - I hope today is a better day!

To destress I usually take a hot shower, bible journal, or scrapbook... with tea by my side.
Thank you so much, Reba
All great suggestions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post

Just sayin'....

Lucas might not ever let you hang out with me. We will just make sure to drink somewhere other than your house.
Hahaha!! Maybe we'll have to take Kristin out for her wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
My favorite distraction is candy crush soda saga, but I gave it up this year, so now Sudoku is my game of choice.
Do you play Sudoku on your phone, or "manually"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Sorry you're struggling! Depends if I need distraction or to deal with the situation/make decisions. Usually it's the former, so I read (or listen to an audiobook) and eat chocolate or peanut butter. If I need to deal with the situation I'm more likely to seek out possible solutions online or try to get out by myself to think. Unfortunately, I usually can't scrap when I'm stressed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you, Rachel!
That's a good distinction between needing a distraction, or needing to calm & focus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
I'm sorry, Tammy.. (((HUGS))) I hope things get better.

I tend to turn to chocolate or sugar filled things when I'm stressed, which is very much counterproductive when I'm also trying to eat healthier. *sigh* I also tend to avoid the things that are stressing me out by spending more time scrapping. Also probably not a great idea, but it does make me feel better!

I wish I was one of those people who turned to exercise when I'm stressed.... because I know it does help.
Thank you so much, Lori!
Right?!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I hope things get better soon, Tammy.

Music, preferably metal, has gotten me through life.
Thank you, Lynn!
That's my husband's solution!!