View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I switched from Backblaze to Crashplan last year. I'd been happy with Backblaze and found it fast enough, but the reason I ended up switching was that when I used Backblaze I had to buy separate software (not connected to Backblaze) to run my local backup. With Crashplan, the same software can manage both my cloud backup and my backup to EHD.

No matter what service you go with, I'd recommend keeping a local backup as well. It can be expensive (if they mail you a drive) or time consuming (if you restore manually) to get everything back from any of these services in the event of a crash. But they're great for filling in the gaps if you have a crash and it has been a few weeks/months since you backed up locally. I also love having it as an insurance policy of sorts in case anything took out both my HD and my local backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
I do like that you can access all your files from Carbonite from a mobile app. Can you do that with Crashplan?
Yes. I have the Crashplan app on my Android phone and will occasionally download through it. Just confirm they have it for your phone platform.