View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 04:10 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I still live in the town where I went to 12 years of school. A few of those friends still live here as well. Do we hang out? No. Their lives are much different than mine. They have all married, have children and grandchildren. I don't. But we are always cordial when we do see each other. The friend that I've known the longest (her parents and my parents were friends as well), is still here but our lives just don't sync much these. The 2 couples would get together quite often and we were always invited to the family parties of the other couple. Since my parents are both deceased and her parents are both around 90, those things don't happen anymore.

In 2019, 3 (one of which is the friend above) of my friends and I got together for a lunch with 2 of them coming from over an hour away. And, last summer, 3 other friends (went on a trip to FL together in 1974) got together at my house. 2 of them live here in town, the other lives about 30 minutes away. Both times it was like being back in school with them.

I still consider them friends, just not the "hang out or talk all the time" friends. Although the one girl and I did talk about doing some traveling together post COVID since we're both single with no kids.