View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 07:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love museums! It stated off when I was in elementary school in San Antonio, and we would go to the McNay Art Museum as a field trip. I remember buying postcards of some of the paintings. As an adult, before I moved away, my parents and I went to the San Antonio Museum of Art. As I recall, they were having a special Egyptian exhibit where the artifacts were over 5,000 years old. That was so incredible to me. It was thrilling for me to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York - the Tiffany exhibit was fabulous! That was over 30 years ago.

My SIL and I like to go to the Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth. It was there that we saw a special exhibit of Impressionist paintings (my favorites), especially Monet. We went another time and saw one of my favorite paintings, On the Terrace by Renoir. They roped it off so we could not get up close, but I was in such awe to see it in person! I think that's the time we saw some Van Gogh paintings - I was in awe as well.

We went to a fantastic Natural History Museum at University of Oklahoma. The dinosaurs exhibits was one of the best we've seen. My son loved dinosaurs, and I think he still does. We went to the Perot Museum in Dallas, and that was a great museum with another awesome dinosaur exhibit. It was better than the special dinosaurs exhibit that we went to see. I've been to other museums as well, including The Toy & Action Figure Museum in Oklahoma.

Due to COVID, I haven't been to any museum since before 2020.