View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 04:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I definitely have my own style. It comes from the traditional scrapbooking I did for 8 years aka the CM style. Telling the story with photos and words.

I just can't get into messy or art journaling. And, mixed media just doesn't appeal to me at all. I want my photos to be the focus of my pages so usually tend to have minimal elements although I have learned to do better clusters. I will admit that I learned that by using templates from Fiddle-Dee-Dee. Cheryl is a master at clusters and watching her scrap she makes it look so dang easy!

I really admire a lot of the pages that have big full clusters but I can never get the shadowing right when I try it. My program does not do shadows the same as the PS family of programs but I'm now subscribed to some tutorials that are helping with that.

I don't really like doing single photo pages but once in awhile that is what the photo itself requires but I tend to put the photo as close to center as possible!
Your pages are perfect and we do all have our own style! My dd used to say she wanted to scrap like me, but I told her to scrap like herself. She kept trying to change her style and it just wasn't her.

Good for you for sticking to what you like!