View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 01:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
I don't enjoy doing a lot of journaling because it's out there on the internet for everyone to see. If I'm going to journal, I want it on a solid paper so it can be easily read and sometimes the kit I'm using only has pattern paper. Sometimes I journal on paint to help make it more readable, but mostly I add the person's name and a date and call it good.

I also don't use alphas much. I love the different looks, but I'm impatient and don't want to place each letter individually. I prefer to use ready-made word art or even fonts with a paper or style clipped to it for my titles because that's quicker.

I scrap in lots of styles, but traditional with a little mixed media is probably my most common right now. I'm comfortable with mixed media products, but I don't consider myself an AJ scrapper as I tend to use mm products on my normal layouts instead of scrapping therapeutically. I love paint and scatters and I tend to fill up pages with clusters more than I used to.

I don't do many multi-photo pages either. I LOVE BIG photo pages and often use them as the background. They're so easy with digi... no going to the photo lab to get enlargements. Plus, digital paint, blend modes and control Z are my best friends. It's so fun to play with different settings and I can waste a lot of time tweaking things to get it just right.
I think we have a similar style - we love big photos. Haha Also, I know that's what my problem is with alphas - I'm very impatient and too much of a perfectionist. They just never look perfectly aligned and I spend way too much time on them. I agree about the journaling too - I don't care for everybody to read it, online. I often write on the back of my layouts after I get them printed, especiall if there's something I want to document or remember. I did that when I was a paper scrapper, too.