View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot.

New releases-4 points
Total points- 40 points

3- Be inspired by the unconventional use of talk bubbles in this layout by Nicole N to create a layout of your own. -2pt

4- Use this quote as an inspiration for a page. -2pt

5. Be inspired by this fun paper layout and create a layout that features lots of strips of patterned paper. - 2 pts

7. January is a time of change and resolutions for new habits. Use this quote and scrap about the changes that you need to make this year. What won't be easy, but will be worth it to you? - opts + 1 NR (This is life- released 1/12, uploaded 1/16)

8. There is nothing cooler than the look of stacks of papers and ephemera in a 3 ring binder. Emulate this look for your page. - 2pts Need More inspiration? Check out these fabulous layouts by Sugarbabe Mary that use this technique: www.sweetshoppeco... and www.sweetshoppeco...

12 - Take inspiration from this art journal piece and concentrate most of the color of a layout right in the center of your page. - 2pts.

16 - Join in on Fist Pump Fridays at Today's Letters blog and include a picture of something you are celebrating this month. Think outside the box - taking down the tree, losing a few pounds, keeping up with your resolutions....whatever is worth celebrating to you. - 2 pts

17 - Be inspired by this artwork to create a LO with a multi-colored titled with a mix of fonts/alphas - 2 pts.

19 - I love this blog post on how to incorporate clocks into a layout! Use this post as inspiration for your own layout using a clock or two. - 2pts.

20 - I love square grid designs in layouts! Take inspiration from this picture to create a layout with not only a grid design, but all of the grids must be the same color palette except for one that is different! - 2 pts.

22. Throughout all of the documenting I do, I want my kids to know who I truly am. Use an I prompt to document something about you! -2 pts. + 1 NR (This Life Notecards, released 1/19, uploaded 1/20)

23-Use a pocket or two. 2 pts

26 - Diagonal composition and repetitive arrows are huge trends in scrapbooking right now. Make a page using your favorite trend and photo from 2012! - 2 its (my trend- big pictures)

27 - White on white! Let's work with a totally white page! You can add as many white papers and elements as you'd like, but the only thing that can have color is your photo! - 2 pts

30 - Use these awesome "Rules of the House" as inspiration for the titles & themes of your next layout(s). - 2 pts per layout up to 10 pts

31 - This month's theme on the Sweet Shoppe blog is "The Journey" and this amazing layout from Liz (aka carriesmom) is a spectacular example of documenting a journey with a layout. We challenge you to do the same by creating a layout which describes some sort of journey whether it be weightloss, pregnancy, self-discovery, etc. - 2 pts. + 1 NR (This is life- released 1/12, uploaded 1/16)

32 - By The Numbers: This year we're focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. At the stroke of midnight on January 1st, we rang in a brand new year, so this month we want you to focus on time! What time were your babies born? What time did you get married? What is your favorite time of day? What time do you wake up in the morning? Scrap it and make sure to really put the focus of your page & title on the time! - 2 its + 1 NR (This Life Notecards, released 1/19, uploaded 1/20)

Last edited by marlathrall; 01-25-2013 at 08:26 PM.