Thread: Laundry
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgoddess View Post
I highly recommend having OCD like me. lol Then you'll love doing laundry. I get the weirdest pleasure from doing laundry. I love folding stuff. I love laundry soap. It's sick.

We have a closet organizer with hangers and shelves, but I mostly hang everything. Everything is arranged by color, too (sick). I fold undergarments and I have these drawer organizers from IKEA so everything stays neat and tidy in the undergarment drawers. I also fold workout shorts, sweaters, swimsuits, and jeans. Everything else gets hung.

As far as doing the laundry, I do all of it. My OCD is too strong to leave it to Wes to do, so I own it and since I enjoy it, it's not a chore for me. I air dry my own shirts as they come out of the washer, so they're on the hanger already and go right into the closet once dry. Everything else goes in the dryer.

I don't take anything out of the dryer until I'm ready to fold and put away. I fold right in our bedroom so I can hang things right away and put things in drawers. Nothing stays on the bed. It's a start to finish system. I keep hangers right next to where I'm folding, so I can just put the item on the hanger and set it off to the side. Then I grab all the hanger items and put them in their color zone in the closet. All folded items go in their little organizers.

It only takes me about 10 mins to fold a full load of laundry and put it away. I think having an organized system makes it a lot easier. That and being a freak of nature.
I have started bringing the laundry straight from the drier onto our bed to fold & put away. I felt like such a genius when I figured that one out!!! It really does make me finish it immediately... Because I will need to sleep in that bed! And I refuse to let my clothes cover the floor or pile up.