Thread: expensive
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 03:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been away from digital scrapping, Beckie? I know I've never raised my prices since I started designing.

ETA: Just looked at your gallery and saw your last layouts were from 2011. That's right around when I became a shopper here at SSD! I bet you were around then! I thought you looked familiar

I looked at my account out of curiosity and my first purchase that I bought without a coupon, not on new release day, not on a sale day in the Shoppe was October of 2011, I bought Happy Fall Y'All by Dani Mogstad (I MISS HER! Her kits were so fun). It was listed $7.99 on my order details, which is the exact same pricing for a solo (one designer) kit that we use now. I know that back then, designers had a range where they'd price their kits depending on the size... like some were 6.99 and we do that much less now, because all of the kits are HUGE.

I will say that as a customer, looking back, I do see lower prices (like $5 ish) on many of the kits I bought in 2011 in my account but I am chatty, so I tended to write noted when I purchased and so I know I got many at sale prices because I said "thanks for the coupon!" or "thanks for the leap day sale!". I did shop pretty much only during sales or with the coupons I'd earn from the challenges. Occasionally I'd miss new release sales and splurge on something full price, but not often. I totally understand having a budget! I had one too.

Last edited by YepBrook; 09-12-2018 at 03:47 PM.