View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have been doing Project Life since the beginning of the year and I absolutely LOVE it! It is the first time I've kept up with actually documenting our lives and including the little details in our lives. I do a 2 page spread/week, but not necessarily one picture per day, just however it works out. The great part about it is that the stuff is pre-made and coordinating so it's really easy; you can slip in lots of miscellaneous stuff like receipts, tags, hotel key cards, whatever you want. Since I'm photography obsessed, I tend to use lots of pictures and add some additional inserts (or even an 8x8 scrapbook page) for them as needed.

One other thing I'll mention that may be a little controversial to scrapbookers. One of the reasons I fell behind with my scrapbooking was that I'd try to do a page for every "set" of pictures that I'd have. So, if in one week we went to the zoo, to a fun restaurant, an evening walk as a family and took the dog to the groomer, I'd end up making 4 completely separate pages (which took forever to select the photos, select the kit, scrap etc). In PL way, I have one or 2 photos from each event added to the one spread in PL and it actually lets me get it DONE.

And I find as the kids get older, we tend to repeat a lot of things that I don't necessarily want to scrap again - like how many times do I have to scrapbook us going to a soccer game when my son has been playing soccer for 7 years?). In PL, I can just throw in a picture of a soccer game here or there to show that it's still part of our lives. It ends up being much more representative of our everyday lives where it's a whole jumble of things all together!

So, I love it. I do still make traditional scrapbook pages for special events or for pictures that I particularly love, but this really lets me document our day-to-day lives in a way I've never been able to accomplish before.

Oh, and of course, you can make your own PL either digitally or in hard copy. It's very similar to the p365 pages that people do. I find the pre-made aspect of it very easy, but you could easily select a digital kit or 2 that coordinate and pre-print a bunch of stuff to use in the PL page protectors. That way you'd have the ease of having it pre-made and still be able to use whatever kits you like. Or you could just do it more like a digital P365. I don't really like the digital versions of the real PL -- too restrictive and I don't think you "own" the page so that you could use it in your own book. I think you just finish it and then they print it for you.

Last edited by DawnMarch; 08-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.