View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 09:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have all my photos sorted chronologically on my computer, so I just scan the imbedded data for dates when I clear off my camera every weekend. I try to at least open up a new template & save the photos I want to use into it even if I can't get the rest of the page done at that moment. I will also type in a short phrase if I know what I'm going to do for one of the 3x4 pockets e.g. conversation with E. at lunch or SSD contest. I do the same thing as Sara and will scroll down my Facebook page for current events/statuses/etc. type things to add in.

The best advice that I can give you is to follow your gut. Last year was my first year of PL, so I decided to do just one PL page per week to see if I really liked it. It was always Design A, too. Even though this wasn't what 'some people' did, I knew that I needed to make it as quick and painless as possible in order for me to follow through on it. This year, I'm doing a two page spread per week with different designs on the right-hand side. I always use a 3x4 calendar because using one of the 4x6 pockets for a date card seems like a 'waste' to me. I really researched what other people were doing, what other scrappers I admired were doing, read through some PL threads here & elsewhere, and asked myself what I wanted to achieve with PL. I still do regular layouts, but PL has become a major part of my scrapping.

I am continuing to finetune my system & am contemplating loosening up next year and doing a double page spread that includes one full page that highlights something from that week and then a pocket page of a various size with mostly photos. I really like the look of paper albums that have pages of all different sizes which for me as digital means I won't be able to print my 2015 album as a bound book, but I can always do individual pages at Persnickety. I have 'conquered' PL and need a new challenge, so I think having pages of all different sizes, dictated by my stories of the week, will help keep it fresh and interesting for me.

Good luck!