View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 10:38 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I'm a SAHM to four kids ages 15, 13, 10, and 8. I have a degree in English, and before kids worked as an editor/typesetter/technical writer for about 10 years. Now, I take the occasional contract job or edit school papers for my nieces and nephews. (I also edited my BIL's PhD thesis . . . an Accounting thesis . . . snooze. ��)

Aside from home and family responsibilities, the thing that takes most of my time is music. I sing with the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (formerly the Mormon Tabernacle Choir), which I love love love. Singing is a great form of stress relief and self-care for me, so getting away to do that for several hours every week is really good for my soul.

After a really long slump, I'm finally back into a good reading groove. The Choir is going on tour this summer to Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Wales, and Scotland, so I'm trying to read at least two books from each of those countries before that trip. I'm half way through my first book from Sweden, and I'm really enjoying it.

I've been hanging out here at SSD for about 13 years--since right after my second kid was born, and even though I don't actually scrap nearly as much as I used to, I still love being a part of the sweetest community in digiland. It's so fun to get to know more about all of you!