View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 05:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love flowers and foliage - really love at least 3 different types of foliage so I can layer them. I struggle using flowers in my clusters that look visually thick (like a rolled paper flower) because the layered shadows always look wrong to me.

I never use frames that are cut out of paper from the kit and rarely use really thick frames. I'd rather mat a photo or use a thinner/skinnier frame.

I do use staples, occasionally washi. I struggle with using buttons in a layout - primarily use basic ones for flower centers. I can never get binder clips to look quite right because the shadow always looks off to me so I don't typically use them.

I really love small print papers (polka dots, plaids, small florals, thinner stripes) because I love to paper piece on my layouts - can't do that well with big prints even when I shrink them. I like wood papers but I prefer that they not be the solids for the kit. I would rather have a small selection of wood colors and all the solids in the kit color palette (again because of piecing). I feel weird about paper piecing with wood papers (not sure why because many of you ladies make it look fabulous) - I only use them for backgrounds.