View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm with everyone else--I never would have noticed the tree if I weren't specifically looking for it. Good save! I cover things all the time. I use all the methods mentioned above, depending on the photo and what I need to cover. I also crop close, leaving me as little of the unwanted thing as possible to deal with. I'm more likely to take the time to do big edits on a photo that's special in some way and will be used in more than just 1 scrapbook layout.

My best (worst?) examples aren't in the gallery, but here are a few I found. This photo was taken during a year when all the photos of the 3 kids together looked horribly awkward. This was the best of the bunch, and I wanted to hang it on the wall so I took the time to edit out the bench in the background.

The screen door DD is holding open in the middle photo looked terrible! It was old and dingy. I could have fixed it up digitally, but it wasn't worth the time. I just covered it with the top photo and the cluster and moved on.

First of all what bench?

Second, I never thought of covering it with another photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
Well, I didn't notice the tree, and if you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have thought your elements were trying to cover up anything. When I need to get rid of something, I usually try to edit it out. If that doesn't work, I cover it up with part of another photo, a card, or an element.
Like I was telling Rachel, never would have thought but it kind of makes 100% total sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGeling View Post
I couldn’t see your tree either.

I can only think of one occasion where I have covered something deliberately. My daughter broke up with her boyfriend soon after my 50th birthday party last year. When I scrapped the family photos I was so glad that he was on the end in the back row and a strategically placed flower was all that was needed to eliminate him. Now my other two kids have broken up with their long term partners too (and my son’s girlfriend had two kids) so my photos are pretty much obsolete a year later.
Oh my Kim, I totally get it! You should 100% do a page w/ that picture and flower on their faces or big NOT circles.