View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I believe that some people can see certain things. My grandmother was very in tune with the family and often dreamt of things before they happened. It actually runs very strong in our family and I have had such dreams or premonitions myself. My grandma's dreams were much more precise and explicit as to what would happen where as mine have always been a more playful version I suppose (with one exception). My grandma and I both had dreams on the same night that my aunt was pregnant. My aunt did NOT want a second child (her son was 8, she was done) and they were actually preventing pregnancy. My grandma dreamed of my aunt taking a pregnancy test and then telling her she was pregnant. In my dream everyone was bringing boxes of Luvs for boys (remember back when those gender specific diapers first came out?) to my aunt's house. I told my grandma of my dream the next morning. I blurted out "I think Linda is pregnant". Grandma smiled, nodded and said "yep". I told her "It's a boy too". She just nodded again. I said "what, she already told you?" She told me "no, she'll tell me tomorrow". Sure enough, the next day my aunt revealed that she was pregnant. Four months later we found out she was, indeed, having another boy after her telling us for 4 months that she was sure she was having a girl. I also had a dream the night before this baby was born. My friend was staying the night and we had camped out in the living room floor (I was 17 when he was born). I woke up, looked up to see my grandma sitting there and told her "Linda is in labor". She said "you had a dream too?". She was white as a sheet and visibly upset. The baby wasn't due for another 6 weeks. In my dream we had been going to Dunkin' Donuts to get my aunt her daily donut and she started having contractions at the counter. In my grandma's dream there was my aunt sitting in a bath tub of blood crying and holding her stomach. My grandma's was much closer to the reality of it. My uncle called just seconds later and said Linda was bleeding all over the place and they needed my grandma NOW. Grandma rushed them to the hospital (they lived like 2 blocks away and she was ready to walk out the door when he called) and they delivered the baby immediately when she got there via emergency c-section. She had a placental abruption and they didn't think the baby would survive. Thankfully everything was okay (he's 21 now) but it was scary. That's just an example of how my dreams are less specific than Grandma's were.

I had similar dreams (these premonition dreams are very much unlike any other dreams, I feel different when I dream them and I see things differently in the dream) before I lost my first son (dreamt I delivered him in the toilet and, in reality, I very nearly did a week later), right before we found out Caitrin was a girl (I wanted a BOY really bad during that pregnancy but I dreamt of an ultrasound where my baby had a pony tail and that's how they knew she was a girl, LOL) and before I found out I was pregnant with Declan. I also had a dream after I lost Tyler where both Caitrin and Declan were there and I was entering an office that said 'perinatologist' and had the name of the doctor I would later visit with both Caitrin and Declan. That one was really strange as I had never heard of a perinatologist at the time. The babies in that dream looked just like Caitrin and Declan did at birth, oddly enough. They were both babies at the same time in the dream though.

Oh, and my step-dad visited me in a dream the night he passed away. He and my mom were riding on a roller coaster. I could see the whole ride. They were both smiling and he wasn't sick any more. He kept patting her hand and saying it was a great ride. When they got to the end he walked over to me and said "It's okay, kid, I'm ready now" and he just drifted away from me. The next morning my mom called me and said he was gone. It wasn't until almost a year later that I finally got the courage to tell her about the dream. The second I mentioned roller coaster she turned pale. She said "wait, I've never told anyone". I asked what she was talking about and she said that the day he passed away, after they had came and picked him up that she and his nephew went to the carnival. My mom has always been terrified of roller coasters but she said she felt so numb that she just got on it anyway. She had tears running down her face. I finished the story and she kept asking "he really said he was ready?"

I could go on and tell a few more stories... but, yeah, I believe people can have connections.