View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Yes. But there are definately real ones and fake ones. Best to choose wisely. Most of the fake ones are just performers. The real ones are usually calm and unassuming. If they are using their gift wisely, you should feel better in their presence. THis is the person you want.
This. I believe there are people who can see. I have had things happen all my life that make it so I can't NOT believe. I don't have dreams, I have premonitions if you will but they happen within minutes of whatever event I "see." As a young child I would "see" my great grandmother all the time and talk to her. She once told me I have a very strong aura and "light." It was something that always scared me until I was about 17.

In our town we had a Presbyterian minister who was quietly know as the "seer." I was not Presbyterian or the least bit religious for that matter. Something propelled me to see him when I was going through a very troubled time. He didn't know me at all and never even asked me what my name was before, during, or after our meeting.

The very first thing he told me was that I had a very strong light around me and he asked me if I knew what that meant. I told him that I thought I did because my dead great-grandmother had talked to me about it. He asked me if it scared me, and I said yes. He told me it was nothing to be scared of and that I could learn to use it as a gift. We then had a question and answer session that blew me away... some things he told me were a mystery until they happened 10 years later. He told me that I would move around a lot with the love of my life and that I would have 2 children, but it would be almost like they would be single children (my son and daughter are 13 years apart). He also told me that I am strong and that I would be able to survive what life threw me (DH died).

He asked me if I knew who my guardian angel was. I had always assumed it was my grandmother whom I was very close to and she passed the year before when I was 16. He said no, it was in my mother's house (meaning my mother's side of the family) and it was a male. He also told me that usually our guardian is someone who knew us only a short time in life or not at all. We figured out that it was most likely my grandfather on my mother's side; he passed away when I was 7. The next day I told my mother about it and asked her if she knew who my guardian was and she said, "Yes, I've always know and that's why I never worried about you too much." You see, my grandfather was dying of cancer in a hospital 1 hour away from where we lived. The week he died I was in a different hospital with an illness for a week that the doctors couldn't figure out. I was losing weight rapidly and very sick. My mother was torn between leaving me for a day to go see her father one last time. She went and he told her, "Don't worry about Marie, I will watch over her for the rest of her life." He died the next day, and she always knew he was my guardian.

There was a boy I grew up with literally from birth (our mothers were pregnant with us at the same time and we were born days apart). We went to different high schools because our town had a choice of 2 different ones. I graduated a week before he did. I was moving out of town the next day and at my graduation we hugged and I told him I'd be home for his graduation in a week. Three days before his graduation I was sitting in the kitchen of my apartment having a midnight snack when all of a sudden I had a vision and knew he was dead. My father called me an hour later to tell me the news and I was crying when I answered the phone. He assumed someone had already called me, but I told him no, I just knew that Peter was gone. A freak accident where a car rolled over him and pinned him and he suffocated to death. I could go on and on with different stories, some good and wonderful some tragic and sad.