View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 09:35 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I'm also a kit scrapper - though I occasionally mix and match.

You don't have to answer this, but because I'm an innately curious person, I feel compelled to ask you why tagging scares you

What I particularly love about my method is that you don't have to choose folders, a product could fit several categories and you'd still be able to easily find it. For example, if I'm looking for an alpha, I don't have to put them in their own folder, they can stay with the kit.
It's not the tagging, it is the dumping things wherever unless that isn't what you do. I like everything organized in its own folders. Like I said I do store/designer/kit folders. Alphas for a kit are in a sub-folder for the kit with everything else in the kit in the main kit folder. When a designer moves stores, I move the designer folder to the new store. Easy and still organized.

I use Picasa to view my supplies and I can search without items being tagged. Just the other day I was looking for a rainbow and did a search. Every item that was called rainbow came up in the search. I did try tagging and the amount of time spent on it didn't justify it for me because it isn't how I look for supplies. I am more of a visual person in choosing my kits. Quite often colors motivate my choice.

I think this all goes back to when I first got a computer... DOS was the operating system and everything was by directory. That's how I learned about computers and it has stuck with me for over 35 years.