Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 10:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have anxiety that manifests itself in not being able to sleep because my mind refuses to shut down. I recently thought I would go off my anxiety meds, because I was not feeling anxious per say and figured it was fine, only to find out that my blood pressure went up, I slept less and snapped at people more. My doctor said that the more physical symptoms, like the blood pressure, may not be as noticible to me, but it is how my body deals with the anxiety, thus I needed to stop being silly and go back on my meds. I did and I feel so fine still, but my blood pressure is lower too. I think some symptoms are sneaky that way.

The type of anxiety symptoms you had in the hospital, I have only had a few times and those times were when someone I loved was dying or had died unexpectedly. I am a pull yourself up by the boot straps person, so I approach death by getting what needs done, done. Since I push everything down while I am dealing with stuff, those symptoms will sneak up on me and I only know they are coming when my hands start shaking.

In my case it is definitely the stuff I repress that causes those more intense symptoms of anxiety. My regular anxiety is just because my mind is always going. I always fall asleep with a song in my head and wake up to right at the spot I fell asleep. I think it would make me crazy if I weren't so used to it. It is interesting to note that it is the same way for my brother, but my sister can turn her mind off in a minute. Lucky duck.

I manage mine as best I can with medicine and keeping busy and I still only sleep about 4 hours a night. Again, I am used to it.