Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 03:59 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I've always suffered from anxiety. Mental disorders are tough because they manifest themselves physically in so many different ways. Medications can be very helpful if there is something misfiring in your brain, but always 100% best to rule out a different cause for your physical symptoms first. I've never heard of foot pain related to anxiety, but the mind does weird things to the body under stress!

Sleeplessness is my most common symptom and I have found the Calm app to be very helpful along with my daily breathing exercises/meditations/prayer before bed.

My anxiety is generally well-managed after dealing with it for so long, but I will say COVID has tested even my most helpful methods along with menopause (hormone changes do such damage to our bodies!). I do my best to remove as much toxicity (positive or negative) as I can from my life, get daily sunlight, eat treats in moderation (I love food... haha), and keep doing what I know works long-term (like meditation) even if it doesn't seem to be helping in the moment. The body is looking to get rid of that stress somehow, so I give it as many healthy outlets as I can manage every day.

I really hope you find some relief to your symptoms and start feeling better soon!