Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 11:14 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have struggled with anxiety for years, and have been on medication. Most of the time, I would have difficulty breathing and would be unable to stop an avalanche of bad thoughts.

I was scheduled for my spinal cord stimulator surgery in 2017, and a bunch of junk happened with my surgeon and his placement at the medical center and his privileges at the hospital. It was a huge run around, and my surgery ended up being postponed. I got very upset that day, but felt calm and accepting but THEN I started having facial numbness and just felt overall WEIRD.

Off we went to the ER, where I was triaged and sent straight back for a CT. They were looking for possible stroke. Boy, did that send me through the roof more! At the end of the day, I was diagnosed as having an anxiety attack.

I haven't had one since, but I know that fearful feeling and utter misery. I am so very sorry that you are dealing with this, especially during this time when everything is so crazy and unsure. I'm praying for you, that you will find treatment or medication that will help you overcome the anxiety.

And for anyone else who has posted in this thread, I'm praying for you as well.