Thread: Covid Check-in
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We came out of our 3rd lockdown a couple of weeks ago. We entered lockdown on August 5, came out for a week 5 weeks later, and then back in for another couple of weeks.

Masks must be worn everywhere, only vaccinated people can shop for non essential items. Kids are back at school full time, although kids 12 and over have to wear a mask. It is recommended for younger children, but not mandated.

We are acting as if we are still in lockdown though. We're all double vaccinated, but mum has a few chronic illnesses, and I was very sick earlier on in the year (pneumonia and then pleurisy) that ended up with me having a partially collapsed lung. The double vaccinated people that are dying here all have had health issues like mum and I - hence why we aren't going anywhere or doing anything. We get everything delivered. If it can't be delivered, we go without. Thankfully even our Chemist delivers now.

I pick Ethan up from school and hand sanitise him & spray Glen20 on his clothes. Then when we get home he gets straight in the shower and his clothes soak in disinfectant before being washed in the machine.

Thankfully, Ethan can amuse himself like no other child I've ever known - and he is a homebody. He is happiest left alone in his own little bubble, playing with his toys. So not going out hasn't affected him in the slightest.