View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 08:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
I over think things and it causes me anxiety. My mind can fixate on something and not let it go until I make myself, and those around me, absolutely crazeeeeee

I lost, what I considered a very dear, long term friendship, a few years ago. I have no idea why and know I will never get an answer from that person as she holds everything very close to her chest. I just felt the push from her and over time she pushed me and my family so far away that we have nothing to do with each other anymore (our daughters, thankfully, are still besties).

It took me three years to get over the loss of that friendship and I now know that it was my my own doing that kept me from letting go and moving on. I kept trying to work out what I had done that was so wrong she couldn't talk to me, tell me so I could try and fix it. Thankfully, finally, I managed to get our friendship out of my head and now, when I do happen to think of it, I manage to push her right out of my head again.

So, if here was one thing I wish I could change, it would be overthinking things, big time.

As for your loss Lorie... it was such a shock that you did the best you could with the hand you were dealt, don't beat yourself up about it. Dealing with that kind of trauma can finish one off and it did not finish you so you have that. And you are never too old to find someone new who can bring you joy

Big hugs my friend xx
I am the same way, so I completely understand how overthinking things is a vicious circle. I think, like me, you have a need to understand things and will keep trying to work it out in your head to get a real answer. It's not a bad thing until you get to something that there is no good answer for. It's then that it hinders you and, at least for me, it keeps me from moving on.

Jo, it's no wonder we are friends because we can totally relate to each other's "crazy."