View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 08:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
So many things I would change.

The two traits you two ladies mentioned are some of mine that I would change too.
I hang onto things, I hold grudges for sooo long, if I feel disrespected you will be out of my life forever and I will think about it often, and avoid situations where I might see you again. I am not confident in myself and have a hard time meeting new people because I’m always second guessing what they might think of me. I also can’t deal with confrontation because I shut down and always “lose” the battle.
Leah, my son does the same thing when he feels a person has betrayed him. To his credit, he gives second and third chances, but he is totally a "three strikes and you're out" person. I always tell him that forgiveness is not for the other person, but for yourself, because carrying a grudge only burdens you. The other person doesn't feel that weight like you do nor do they think about how to avoid you. If someone does me wrong, if I care about them, I get in their face and tell them about it, then let it go. If I don't care about them, then I just let it go because they don't matter enough to bother with. But I do have a hot temper, so when I say I let it go, it's after I totally rant about it for a while. LOL

I am not good with new people either. Heck, I am not good with people IRL at all. I've been told I am like a prickly pear, hard to get close to but sweet inside. I don't know about the sweet part, but I am definitely prickly. Making friends has always been hard for me.

One good thing about age is the older you get the less you care about what people think of you, so you may not have the problem years from now.

Confrontation is hard for most people, I myself do not care for it at all and will avoid it if I can. If I can't, I will stand up for myself because no one has the right to "push" me around or silence my voice. Seriously, my mouth has a mind of it's own. I get that from my mom. She was very much an independent, opinionated woman who was not afraid to stand her ground.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 03-31-2022 at 08:47 PM.