View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
This has been an interesting journey for me. My son was at baseball camp the day after this happened. We were staying in a hotel close by for a few days so he could attend. In the wake of this terrible event, it was as if the universe was conspiring to show me that the world is not inherently bad, even though it might seem that way at times.

We had a beautiful connection with a young man of another race at a restaurant in a multiacial setting. And the next days two boys of a different race were extremely generous with my son at baseball camp and gave him one of their signed balls when he got confused on where to go and missed the signing event.

After that incredible show and display of generosity and love I just sat in the hotel room and cried. I grieved for the lives lost that were open to others in sharing their spiritually. I grieved that we can't see each other as the beautiful humans that we all are. And I saw the faces of those two boys that opened their hearts to my son.

At the baseball game that night, my husband bought a special case for our signed baseball. That baseball is now for me a symbol. A symbol that not just that we can get along, but we can love each other no matter what our color, creed, or social status. That's what the world needs. More kindness, more generosity, more love. Maybe then we will rise above our differences.
So beautiful and well said, Kristi!