View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 11:44 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I just searched through old threads about monitors because I'm trying to decide whether to order one and if so a 24 or 27. I think this screenshot swayed me, but I'm also afraid of making the wrong call. I have a 17" laptop now and want to hook a bigger monitor up to it, but my desk isn't huge and is already cluttered (my own fault--I end up with piles of papers on it all the time).

So you would be working on two different-sized monitors then? I think the best way to think about it would be what will you put on each monitor while you're working?

Me - I have 2 24" monitors that are identical. So they butt up right next to each other and it's almost seamless as the frame on the monitors is thin. So if I drag a window to be between the two I only have a small gap - and I do that a lot when I have Bridge open at the same time. So personally I think you'd have to figure out exactly what you want to do on the 2nd monitor. Is that where you'll scrap? Use the other to keep files open to drag over? Watch something while you work? I can easily keep Bridge (where I drag my files from) and a movie open on the one monitor and then scrap on the other. Here is a screenshot of my usual setup while I'm scrapping.

You can't see it in the photo but my screens split right at the menu on the left side of Bridge. So when I'm clicking on Bridge it shows, but if I'm working on the other monitor (PS) it's hidden. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I do have plenty of room for two windows to be open on the 24" monitor BUT since I do overlap the one window if I could squeeze that 27" one on the desk instead of a 24" I'd go for that. I have a roll top desk and we couldn't get the 27" monitors on the desk and still have room for my speakers and things like that. Or I'd have totally gone with dual 27" monitors.