View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 08:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Many years ago, I used my 22" monitor with my laptop. The laptop was off to the side and I used a wireless regular sized keyboard. The 22" monitor was in front of me and was my main work area. Paint Shop Pro filled this screen. I use Picasa to search for kits so it was on the laptop screen. I think you might find that you will use the smaller screen at times along with the large screen. For spreadsheet work, I would have the main one open on the large screen and another one one the laptop monitor that I would have to refer to. Saved always having to switch open windows. Granted having 2 different size monitors isn't always the best, but once I got used to it, I was OK with it and I used both monitors all the time.

And, here's a story for you... I used to go to a friend's house an hour away from me to scrap with some of my friends. Imagine my surprise when one such occasion another friend of ours walked in with the laptop case and a large monitor. She got it setup and proceeded to scrap her heart out. And, I know of others that do that as well. They like having the portability of the laptop but when they will be scrapping all weekend, they want their big screen
Lol about the traveling monitor. Fingers crossed that I don't get *that* used to having it! I could see using the laptop screen to open kit folders when I'm working on a 2-page spread on the big monitor. Probably also for school, if I have an online textbook or other resources open on one and a paper I'm writing on the other. I'm leaving my options open, but knowing I can use only the bigger monitor if I prefer is what finally convinced me to take the plunge.