View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 03:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
I had a 17" HP Envy and LOVED it until the screen started separating and it began making a grinding noise...even when it was supposed to be in sleep mode. It was well used and well loved. I ended up with a desktop (HP Omen GT13 with AMD Ryzen) but I'd have snatched up a newer Envy laptop in a second if I hadn't "needed" a desktop for the office
I'm on my 2nd Dell after 2 HPs, so it's been about 5 years since I owned an HP laptop. I loved both until things went spectacularly wrong. They both developed hinge problems that made the screen separate and led to the computers dying well before they should have. With the second one I sent it in for service (which they did under warranty at 13 months because the problem had begun before the 12-month mark). It came back to me making noises it shouldn't have, but I was never able to get HP to agree to look at it and admit they had caused a new problem while it was in for service. By 18 months it was unusable and unrepairable, so I'm done with HP laptops.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk