View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 02:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
Ha!

I haven't read the books. DH bought the first season of the series and has most of the other seasons recorded. I'm scared to even watch it though. I don't do well with tons of violence. Although for some reason I can handle The Walking Dead. Well, I do close my eyes some. I stopped watching The Vikings in the second season because I got tired of all the violence. I didn't make it past the 3rd episode of Breaking Bad. I don't do well with dissolving bodies or cutting them up. Unless it's a zombie and I guess that I can handle (with my eyes shut).

Anyway, still trying to decide about watching GoT.
I hate violence. I never even watch detective stories... I never knew what I was in for when I started reading ASOIAF, but the writing is SO good that I decided I don't mind the violence - or rather, I tolerate it because it's never violence for violence's sake. I'm not sure if I can say the same thing about the show adaptation (I know a lot about it even though I never watched) - so I don't watch it. It's a pity because the production and actor choice are so good, but still. I won't risk it. My guess is it's not a show for you, either...

Last edited by adrianka; 07-10-2014 at 02:28 AM.