View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 01:34 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I scrap 98% of the time with color photos although I have edited them to b/w or sepia if that works better for the layout. I don't use filters or blend modes on images.

Digital photos, yes to straight out of the camera since I am a diehard camera girl and not a phone camera user. Phone photos usually end up blurry as my hands shake when I use it. I need the weight of a regular camera and something I can grip tightly with both hands.

With scanned images (from photos or negatives) from 40 to 50 years ago, I will use a fade correction adjustment (I use Paint Shop Pro) to brighten them up. If that doesn't work then I will resort to using other adjustments (curves, levels, brightness/contrast) until I find something I like. I will also use an automatic scratch removal on these if needed. For some I will use the scratch removal tool and zoom in to fix them. Just fixed a couple the other day this way... also had to do the red eye adjustment on them!

Still, my photos aren't perfect and I prefer them that way. Life isn't perfect either. I take photos because I enjoy it and documenting life, not to win awards.