View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I'm the only reader in my family, but I'm hopeful that Chloe (age 3 next month) will follow suit. The girl LOVES books. She'll take a stack of books and put them in her bed at night. She loves to look at them on her own and to have us read them to her.

Jeff just doesn't read at all if he can help it. He has an issue with his eyes that makes reading difficult, so he never reads for pleasure. Having just graduated with his BS, he did so much reading for school that I don't expect to see him picking up a book again anytime soon.

My oldest daughter Kendra (17 next month) will pick up a book once in a while, but I can count on one hand the number of books she's read for pleasure over the past 3 years. When she was little, we used to read together all the time, and I made sure that she saw me reading a lot. I tried to encourage reading without being pushy, but it's just not her thing.

I just can't imagine NOT loving to read, but I've been that way my whole life. I've always enjoyed getting lost in a story. My mom & sister aren't really readers (mom will read now and then, but she doesn't love it like I do), so I'm really not sure where my love for it came from.