View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

We are readers at varying degrees I guess! I read ALOT. I don't think I've ever left the house without a book, just for the simple fact I never know when I'll have a few minutes here or there to bust through a few pages. My husband has a pretty demanding job so he doesn't feel like reading most of the time, but I have started him a Clive Cussler collection. Those are his favorites. I get them in the clearance aisle (as most of our books) at the BAM in the mall. I guess he kind of binge reads. When he starts one of those he will read constantly until it's done and then it might be 6 months before he reads another.

The boys - Conor is almost 14 and has to read regularly for AR. With that said, I am NOT a fan of the AR program simply because he reads at an 11th grade level instead of 8 and the books that he can and would like to read are more than he can get done in a quarter or whatever the allotted time is to complete it. He reads alot. Highschool will be nice in the fall because he can read whatever he wants aside from the required literature.

Caden is 10 and always has his nose stuck in a book. He can't get enough.

I love that both of them read and enjoy it because they both were reading recovery kiddos way back in kindy and first. 1 year in that program and they were accelerated readers. I am a HUGE advocate for it!!