View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 09:26 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I've been scrapping for a long time too-since 2001! I just have so much fun doing it--and like Sherly said, I am transported back to when the photos were taken when I am scrapping them. When I get stuck in a rut, getting a fresh batch of photos to scrap is always motivating for me. AND sometimes new product can inspire me as well.
I actually started scrapping as a teenager in the 70's only it wasn't known as scrapping then! My mother even did an album about her wedding in 1954. And, she did 2 albums of my childhood. I started traditional scrapping with Creative Memories products in 1999 and worked on old photos. When I found Mom's wedding album it was falling apart so I transferred it to a CM album. And, my childhood albums were also falling apart so I transferred them as well.

My focus has always been telling the stories behind the photos and I still scrap that way. I love looking at the creative layouts and once in awhile will do one but only if it fits into the story I might be telling at the time. First and foremost, I am a storyteller.