Old 03-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Currently Reading Week of 3/13

What's the last book you finished?
What are you reading right now?
What's on your TBR?

What's the last book you finished?

The Night Watch by Sarah Waters - I wasn't a fan and only gave it 2 stars.

Clara's War by Clara Kramer Holocaust Survivor Memoir - 5 stars

On audiobook I finished The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss - amazing, 5 stars

and then read the Novella The Slow Regards of Silent Things also by Patrick Rothfuss which was also amazing - 5 stars

I also listened to The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood narrated by Claire Danes and it was really good. Adult Dystopian and excellent narration - 4 stars.

What are you reading right now?

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (3rd in the Outlander Series) this one is a chunker at over 1000 pages so it will take me the week at least.

I started working my way through Rogues which is a collection of Short Stories by 21 different authors including George R.R. Martin, Patrick Rothfuss (his story is about Bast from The Kingkiller Chronicle), Gillian Flynn, Scott Lynch, Neil Gaiman etc. I've read 2 and will read a couple in between books. So far Rothfuss's was excellent, Gillian Flynn's was not.

And on audible I've got about an hour left on The End of the Affair by Graham Greene narrated by wait for it...Colin Firth...the book is excellent but even if it was just Colin Firth reading the dictionary I think it would be good

What's on your TBR?

I haven't totally decided what I'm getting to next...probably:

Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

Horns by Joe Hill

Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson