View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

WOW!! All these photos and places!! I loved seeing the native animals (koalas and kangaroos, how cool!) and the seasons and scenery that you all have been blessed!

We are currently living in Colorado. I can look out my office window at home and see Pike's Peak. It's been easy to teach our children direction, as well as figure out where to go, or where we are based of the position of the Rocky Mountains. We live in high altitude and after a year of living here, we are still learning how to bake! Outside of what we've experienced from last year, I believe we have four seasons. Although last year, around this time as we were moving here, we had 12+ inches of snow. This year, we've been having 60-80 degree temperatures! We had a massive hail storm that looked like it snowed in the middle of July. We just got done having hurricane 2-category winds. I've been told all this stuff is very unseasonable. However, only being stationed here a year, I don't know!

What's to do around here? LOTS!! Check out what's available near Pike's Peak! So many free things to see and do! Our goal this Spring is to do the Manitou Incline, where you walk up the mountain. I've been told you can start at the base with 80 degree temperatures, but by the time you reach the top, it could be snowing!! You have to walk up and down it as there is no way to have family members pick you up at the top! Hopefully we can do it and our family can do it!