View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only thing different for us was that we watched church through Facebook Live instead of going to church. We usually have Easter with just the 4 of us. I always invite my mom and brothers, but they end up refusing for whatever happens to be the reason of the year... sick, tired, etc. This year since we couldn't invite them over, it just saved the frustration my kids feel when they look forward to them coming over only to be shot down at the last minute.

We hunted Easter eggs, looked at basket goodies, dyed eggs, ate lunch, napped, played games and watched some TV. Pretty typical day, but it was peaceful. No Covid talk at all which was very nice for a change.

This week I have an algebra test, I need to force my son to do his online schooling, I hope to get the school yearbook back on track. I'm already a few weeks late with it but have no motivation to finish it now. I also need to record my STEM videos for next weeks' continuous learning. Last week I read the kids a book (Rosie Revere, Engineer... SUPER cute book!) and talked about the differences in turkey, duck and chicken egg. For the upcoming week I will read another book from the same series and I recorded a video of me candling the turkey eggs I put in the incubator so that the kids can see life inside the eggs. I will probably have one more short lesson for that week. I don't want to overwhelm the kids, but I want to have enough content available to keep them interested in STEM.