View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hi! I love having a chatter thread, thanks for making one

Easter was not really any different for us, kids woke up to Easter baskets (thank goodness the Easter Bunny did all his shopping in February!!), we had breakfast, then the kids did they egg hunt out in the yard. I made dinner and desserts, and that was it. Easter is actually one of my favorite holidays, because it (along with canadain thanksgiving), are the holidays where we stay home and just celebrate with the 5 of us.

The only tricky part of all of this so far is me not being ok without alone time.... I SO MISS my half days alone (but I am more than ok to have given that up to be able to have my family home and safe), it's just that all my productive time has gone right out the window.... The boys are on distance learning, but it is my understanding that grades 9 and down are just going to be pushed forward next year, they have been given bi-weekly work packs, BUT they are optional.... I haven't told the boys they are optional, as I really want them to do something to keep their "minds in shape" through all this. My oldest does need to do actual work so he can graduate.... this whole thing has been the toughest on him, but he's handling it well..... The school is still optimistic that they will get to have prom and graduation..... just much much later than expected. So we are just taking things one day at a time and not giving in to ideas of giving up.

Hubby is still working..... (3 essential service jobs is rough, but he's happy to be helping out anywhere he can). We've been picking up and delivering Grocery's for family and friends who cannot go out themselves, I made and dropped off some Easter goodies for my mom who is at her home alone, and my best friends mom lives up the street, so I have been checking in on her as she is also alone...... her birthday is in a few days, so I am working on a cake decorating idea and will drop it off as a surprise to brighten her day.

I have been teaching myself how to sew so I can make masks for family and friends, waiting on a couple of fabric orders to come in so I can make more. I really want to SCRAP.... I thought I'd have all the time in the world to do so, but somehow I am busier than ever, and have not been able to focus on one thing on the computer for very long. I think I will plan a few layouts out today, and then tomorrow I might be able to jump right in and get some pages done